The deadline for this role has now passed.
The Centre for Transforming Access and Student Outcomes (TASO) is an affiliate What Works Centre, and part of the UK Government’s What Works Movement. Our vision is to eliminate equality gaps in higher education (HE). Our mission is to improve lives through evidence-informed practice.
TASO was set up in 2019 within King’s College London and became an independent charity on 1 April 2021. Our work focuses on the generation, synthesis and dissemination of high-quality evidence about effective practice in widening participation and student outcomes. We primarily focus on developing and disseminating causal evidence (categorised as type 3 in the Office for Students’ Standard of Evidence).
This is a fixed term position which will look to identify and generate revenue from a variety of sources including grants, trusts and foundations. TASO is a new charity which currently has one grant funder with guaranteed funding until 2023. We have now reached a stage in our journey where we are looking to increase our revenue streams and need an experienced and capable development professional to lead this.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Generate income by researching opportunities for funding
- Assist in the development of bid winning proposals
- Develop short, medium and long-term fundraising strategies
- Deliver a targeted programme of trust and grants fundraising opportunities.
- Identify, profile and prioritise new trusts and grants to develop a funding plan to achieve income targets
We are looking for someone who has:
- Extensive knowledge funders and their processes
- Proven ability to generate significant income from trusts and/or foundations,
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies
- Experience of producing reports and persuasive investment cases or bids.
- Evidence of building strong internal and external relationships.
Skills / personal attributes
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent networker
- Able to be creative and identify potential income
- Knowledge and experience of income generation in the charity sector
- Knowledge of the higher education sector would be advantageous
For a conversation about the role, the scope of the project and possible approaches please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All expressions of interest should be sent to email@example.com
Closing date for expressions of interest: Monday 13th December
Location: London with some home / remote working
Salary: £350 per day
Term: Fixed term initially 20 day contract.