The deadline for this role has now passed.
The Centre for Transforming Access and Student Outcomes (TASO) is an affiliate What Works Centre, and part of the UK Government’s What Works Movement. Our vision is to eliminate equality gaps in higher education (HE). Our mission is to improve lives through evidence-informed practice.
TASO was set up in 2019 within King’s College London and became an independent charity on 1 April 2021. Our work focuses on the generation, synthesis and dissemination of high-quality evidence about effective practice in widening participation and student outcomes. We primarily focus on developing and disseminating causal evidence (categorised as type 3 in the Office for Students’ Standard of Evidence).
A vital member of the TASO team, the Office Administrator is responsible for ensuring a highly professional and welcoming environment for stakeholders and staff at TASO. Making sure things are done in the most efficient and friendly way is the key priority for this role. They will be organised and comfortable working in a busy environment with competing demands on their time.
The Office Administrator is TASO’s organiser. They lead on organising TASO Board and Committee meetings, including minuting. They ensure team meetings are diarised, help coordinate team days and assist in the delivery of TASO events. They will make sure the organisation is running as effectively as possible by identifying and ordering office supplies and by providing general administrative support to the Director and wider team, as required.
The Office Administrator will provide financial administration such as receiving invoices, uploading them on to our bookkeeping system and reconciling. They will also fill and process the team’s expenses.
As expected with this type of role, they will be required to maintain robust records and assist with matters of GDPR compliance, health and safety and a variety of other administrative activities as and when required.
Specific tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Scheduling team and Board meetings including checking diaries, booking rooms and catering, setting up video and conference call facilities
- To act as a committee or meeting secretary, taking minutes for Board meetings
- To raise and process invoices and expense claims, monitoring income and expenditure via Xero, and providing bookkeeping and bank reconciliation
- To be responsible for setting up new suppliers and amending current suppliers
- Provide administrative support to the team, including diary management, booking travel and accommodation
- Assisting with the organisation of events, workshops or training (e.g. finding suitable venues, ordering catering, preparing materials, managing guest lists and invitations)
- Undertake administrative duties such as stationery orders, printing, monitoring and renewing subscriptions and memberships for the whole team
- To provide administrative support for various HR processes, such as Right to Work checks, and recruitment documentation
- To be a visible and positive initial point of contact, responsible for welcoming guests to TASO, directing of general telephone and visitor enquiries and monitoring the general TASO email inbox
- Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 per annum (pro rata)
- Location: London with home working
- Hours: PT 3 days a week (21 hours per week)
- Term: Permanent
- Holidays: 27 days plus public/bank holidays
- Pension: Employer contribution: 8%
TASO is a learning organisation which is committed to promoting and enabling our team in their training and development.
This role reports to the Head of Operations.
Initial Terms and Conditions of Appointment
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV and supporting statement (maximum 2 A4 pages) outlining clearly how you meet the above criteria to email@example.com, citing “Office Administrator” in the subject of the email.
The candidate brief can be downloaded here.
Deadline for applications: Monday 6th June 2022 at 9am
Interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing Monday 13th June 2022
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we expect to receive and the size of our team, we are unable to respond to applicants unless they are shortlisted for an interview.