TASO is seeking expressions of interest from higher education providers to help establish the best ways to evaluate multi-intervention outreach programmes (which combine multiple activities or approaches) and mentoring.
The project will take place with two or three providers between March 2020 and September 2021. Providers can apply for a grant of up to £55,000 to enable them to engage a research assistant to lead on the project as well as to cover any expenses incurred for the purpose of the evaluation.
For both multi-intervention outreach programmes and mentoring schemes, there is there is wide variation in how they are conducted, what components are incorporated, and what the outcomes are.
Therefore, the project will involve:
- Project workshops to map out commonalities and differences between the programmes in the project and to develop common evaluation and measurement frameworks.
- Working with the TASO team on process evaluation to understand how the key elements of the programmes operate in practice and how this differs across target groups and contexts.
- Implementation of a pilot randomised controlled trial (RCT) on multi-intervention outreach programmes and/or mentoring, over the course of AY2020/21 (consistent with a protocol provided by TASO).
- Facilitating the collection and provision of data required for the evaluation, covered by appropriate data sharing arrangements.
- The opportunity to work closely with the TASO team and develop your institution’s overall knowledge of evaluation techniques.
- Participation in post-project debriefing with TASO and the TWG.
The deadline for applications is Friday 14 February 2020.
Full details on eligibility and the application process are provided in the application form: No longer available as submissions have closed.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.