TASO is inviting applications from higher education providers to partner with us on a new project focused on generating causal evidence of learning analytics interventions. Learning analytics interventions show promise in reducing drop-out and improving retention, progression, and attainment among disadvantaged and underrepresented students. However causal evidence in a UK context is lacking.
TASO is therefore looking to work with higher education providers (HEPs) to develop type 3 – causal evidence in this area. It is an opportunity for participating HEPs to:
- build internal evaluation expertise with the support of TASO and an independent evaluator
- learn about the efficacy of current practices to support disadvantaged and underrepresented students
- help enhance the evidence base relating to the impact of learning analytics in the UK
Participating HEPs will receive a grant of up to £20k to support the resourcing of the project.
What to expect
Successful applicants will work with an independent evaluator and TASO to deliver an RCT of learning analytics.
To support the delivery of a robust RCT we are seeking HEP partners who can:
- Gain ethics approval within their institution (TASO can support this process and can apply for external ethics approval if the HEP does not have an ethics panel);
- Randomise different approaches to delivering learning analytics interventions (e.g. at tutor or student level);
- Involve a sufficiently large sample of students in the trial;
- Collect and share individual-level student engagement data with the independent evaluator and TASO (ideally this would include attendance and module attainment data);
- Launch the RCT in October 2022.
Please contact TASO for a discussion about this project if you are interested but have queries or concerns about any of the above: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To find out more about the project and details on how to apply, read the full invitation to tender document (ITT) here.
The deadline for applications to take part in this project by 12:00 midday on 22nd June. Please email a copy of your application to email@example.com.
Document accessibility: TASO is committed to making all documents accessible for all audiences. If you have any difficulty accessing the links or documents, or need these resources in another format, please let us know via email.