On Wednesday 27th July, TASO will be launching the interim findings of their evaluation of summer schools. TASO have worked with eight higher education providers (HEPs) on the evaluation which has consisted of a randomised controlled trial (RCT) of summer schools that took place from June-August 2021.
Although the primary outcome for this evaluation is enrolment in higher education (HE), this data will not become available until 2024. In the interim, TASO are able to report on:
- Findings from the survey which was administered before and after the summer school took place, measuring constructs such as compatibility of HE with social identity, self-efficacy relating to HE, and perception of barriers to enrolling in HE.
- Findings from the implementation and process evaluation (IPE), including from interviews and focus groups that took place with students.
The event will take the following format:
- Introduction and overview of the project (TASO)
- Key findings from the RCT, including considerations and key learnings when implementing a RCT in the HE sector (the Behavioural Insights Team)
- Perspectives and IPE findings from a partner HEP (University of Kent)
- Q&A from the in-person and online audience
Who is this event for: Any sector stakeholders with an interest in evaluation and the delivery and impact of summer schools as a widening participation activity.
Date and time: Wednesday 27th July 11:30am – 1pm
Location: Online Zoom webinar