The Evaluation Advisory Group and Academic Advisory Panel provide TASO with guidance on methodology and approaches to evaluation.
The members play a vital role in shaping TASO’s work by producing timely, rigorous and appropriate evidence of what works to support young people’s journeys into and during higher education.
The Evaluation Advisory Group brings together sector representatives with experience in evaluation to build a comprehensive understanding of the current state of evaluation in the sector. The group recommends the most effective ways to disseminate evaluative findings to practitioners and assesses TASO’s research and evaluative output by prioritising accessibility, comprehensibility and applicability of findings for the wider sector.
The Academic Advisory Panel consists of nationally recognised experts in evaluation and methodology, particularly in the areas of education and higher education. The group provides peer review and guidance on TASO’s evaluations.
Evaluation Advisory Group Members
- Emily Warwick, Widening Participation Strategy and Evidence Manager, University of Exeter
- Fiona Hamilton, Evaluation and Data Manager, University of West of England
- Jemma Basham, Strategic Lead for Access and Participation, University of Cumbria
- Jenny O’Hare, Project Coordinator, Network for East Anglian Collaborative Outreach
- Julian Crockford, Widening Participation Research and Evaluation Unit Manager, University of Sheffield (Chair)
- Liz Hurley, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, University of Leeds
- Lucy Lernelius, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, University of Manchester
- Megan Hubbard, Head of Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire Collaborative Outreach
- Naomi Clements, Research and Evaluation Officer, Southern Universities Network
- Naomi O’Brien, Research and Evaluation Coordinator, University of Bristol
- Simon Lewis, Head of Strategic Planning, Middlesex University
Academic Advisory Panel Members
- Dr Michael Sanders, Reader in Public Policy King’s College London
- Professor Simon Burgess, University of Bristol
- Professor Christine Broughan, University of Coventry
- Dr Sonia Ilie, Senior Research Fellow, University of Cambridge
- Associate Professor Dr Billy Wong, University of Reading
- Professor Gabriella Cagliesi, University of Sussex
- Associate Professor Dr Sam Friedman, London School of Economics and Political Sciences
- Professor Paul Wakeling, University of York
- Associate Professor Dr Katherine Woolf, University College London
- Associate Professor Dr Anna Mountford-Zimdars, University of Exeter
- Dr Louise Ashley, Senior Lecturer, Royal Holloway University of London